Why Join ASAS?
ASAS is dedicated to promoting animal science research and supporting your career. We work with universities, research institutions, and industry professionals to make sure you have access to the leading publications and networking opportunities.
- An e-subscription to the journals, Journal of Animal Science (JAS), Translational Animal Science (TAS) and Animal Frontiers (AF).
- Reduced registration costs to the Annual Meeting, all sectional meetings and international meetings.
- Access to a twice-weekly online newsletter, Taking Stock.
- Access to a webinar library of over 400 hours of programming.
- Access to our outreach materials at www.AnimalSmart.org.
- Eligibility for travel awards and society awards (the ASAS Foundation alone distributes approximately $100,000 in member-used dollars per year).
- Access to the ASAS Public Policy programs including the new Snack and Fact program, Taking Stock D.C., white papers, webinars, and expert lists.
- Opportunities to serve in leadership roles both on boards (national or sectional) and on committees.
- Access to the ASAS Career Center, where applicants can learn about positions in academia and industry.
- Opportunities to attend numerous yearly workshops: Writing a Scientific Paper, Conducting Oral Presentations, Media Training Workshop, and Mixed Models etc.
Just for Grad Students
- Specific Graduate student programs at all sectional, national and international meetings.
- Travel scholarships for graduate students.
- Awards at both the sectional and national levels for graduate students.
- A graduate student blog called the ASAS Graduate BULLetin. All students are invited to contribute.
- Specific Graduate Student Leadership positions on the sectional and national board.
- Methods for graduate students to become involved in scientific meeting programming.
- Networking opportunities.
- Graduate student-specific career opportunities.