The American Society of Animal Science (ASAS), the American Dairy Science Association® (ADSA®), the Western Section of the American Society of Animal Science (WSASAS), and the Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) will hold the 2016 Joint Annual Meeting (JAM) in Salt Lake City, Utah, July 19-23.
As many of you are aware, this is the final “JAM” meeting and it is important to us to have an inspired final meeting. Therefore, we have three main goals for JAM 2016: 1) to present high quality, relevant science that links animal science and animal agriculture, 2) to return to our roots, by having a number of the social events that will enhance networking and add a family feel to the meeting and 3) to set the societies up to have excellent individual 2017 meetings.
Big Scoop Competitors
Battle of the Brats Competitors
• A meeting theme: “Animals and Science: Big Solutions for Grand Challenges”
• Invited oral presentations throughout the session to “link” back to the theme
• Enhanced industry involvement in sessions
• Reception before the Opening Session
• Panel discussions during lunch:
- Animal Science in the Real World
- Funding Agencies: Perspectives in Today’s Economy
The 2016 ASAS-ADSA-WSASAS-CSAS JAM will be held July 19–23 (Tuesday through Saturday). The opening session will be Tuesday evening, July 19; scientific sessions begin Wednesday morning, July 20, and run through noon on Saturday, July 23.
Located 15 minutes from the Salt Palace Convention Center and surrounding hotels, Salt Lake City International Airport is serviced by eight airlines and their affiliates, including Alaska Airlines, American, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, United and US Airways.