There is still time to submit your Graduate Student Three-Minute Video for the Western Section competition.
PURPOSE: To provide graduate students with an opportunity to develop oral communication skills to explain scientific research to a general audience.
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS: Graduate students must be current members of WSASAS. Students may compete in the WSASAS Graduate Student Three-Minute Video Competition as many times as they desire during their MS and PhD programs.
- The deadline for submissions has been extended to 11:59 PM central time on June 15, 2020.
- Submission instruction documents are located on the Western Meeting Page.
EXAMPLES/TIPS: The following links are good examples videos from a similar competition.
- Matthew Crouse – “Effects of Maternal Nutrition on Fructose, Glucose and Cationic Amino Acid Transporter Expression in Bovine Utero-placental Tissues from Days 16 to 50 of Gestation”
- Sharon Savage – “Battle of the Brain”
- Farnaz Fouladi - “The Role of the Gut Bacteria in Sustained Weight Loss Surgery”