ASAS and CSAS are committed to holding a high quality, safe scientific meeting in Madison, WI in July. In recognition of the travel disruption currently being caused by COVID-19, we are doing the following to help members and attendees plan for the meeting while safe guarding the Society:
- We are extending our abstract submission deadline from March 23, 2020 to April 20, 2020. Increased submission time will allow members and attendees to truly understand the impact of COVID-19 on their summer scientific travel. We suspect this increase in time will mean that some people will definitively know they will not be allowed to travel and that it will allow others to submit work that might have originally been earmarked for other science meetings that were cancelled in April, May or June.
- Normally, ASAS does not allow submission of abstracts that are submitted or accepted to other meetings, but in recognition of the scientific need to present important research quickly, we are suspending that policy to allow individuals to submit abstracts that are earmarked for meetings that have been or might be cancelled because of COVID-19.
- We are extending the reduced registration rate deadline from May 31, 2020 to June 15, 2020.
- We will honor our 90% registration refund until June 15, 2020 (and obviously if ASAS were forced to cancel the conference, we will refund 100% of pre registrations).
- We are continuing to accept abstracts with a submission fee. The submission fee will remain non-refundable and in the event that ASAS were forced to cancel the meeting because of COVID-19, we would create an online portal for all accepted abstracts to be presented virtually as a virtual poster.
- We are working with the hotels to extend the booking deadline to reserve within the block. We will send out additional information concerning hotels as we receive it.
It is the sincere hope of the ASAS and CSAS staff and boards that COVID-19 will be safely contained and the outcomes will be as minimal as possible. The actions proposed above are purely designed to make the coming weeks easier for our members and attendees. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact ASAS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract Submission Deadline